Power Breakfast French Toasts/Casserole
- Scale the ingredients precisely and bring them to room temperature.
- Combine the eggs, milk, sour cream, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in a mixing bowl.
- Place the EQUII bread slices into the egg mixture.
- Let them soak on each side for about a minute. Then place the slices on a wire rack over a baking tray to drain the excess liquid.
- Heat the frying pan on medium heat and add some butter in the pan.
- Place the bread slices in the hot pan and cook each side for approximately 2 minutes or until golden brown. It is important to cook one side thoroughly before flipping it over so that the egg mixture is cooked through the center.
- When the bread is fully cooked, transfer each slice to a platter and keep them warm until ready to serve.
Turn your French toasts into a casserole:
- Grease a baking pan with butter.
- Cut the bread into cubes and evenly distribute the bread and egg mixture into the pan. Rest for an hour, or preferably overnight.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Alternative serving options:
- Whipped cream, or mascarpone.
- Cottage, or ricotta cheese.
- Any berries, or fresh figs.
- Any nuts.
- Candied lemon, or orange zests.
- Banana and peanut butter, or chocolate sauce.
- Top your casserole with a crumble, or nuts and brown sugar topping.
- 12 Slices, plain or seeded EQUII breads.
- 2 Tablespoons of butter at room temperature.
- 5 Whole eggs
- 10 Ounces, milk
- 3 Ounces, sour cream
- 2 Ounces, turbinado raw sugar
- 1 Pinch, salt
- 2 Pinches, cinnamon powder
- 4 Ounces, berries
- 3 Ounces, maple syrup