- 5 ounces, thinly sliced carrots, daikon, cucumbers, and jalapeños
- 3 Ounces, rice vinegar
- 3 Ounces, water
- 2 Ounces, granulated sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1 Romaine salad
- 3 Ounces, vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Ounce, hoisin sauce
- Sriracha sauce to taste
- Fresh Cilantro
- Thinly sliced jalapeño
- 2 Ounces, toasted pumpkin seeds
- Scale the ingredients precisely.
- Drain the tofu and press in between paper towel to remove the excess moisture.
- Cut the tofu into ½ inch slices and place in a deep-dish pan.
- Mix the soy sauce, ginger, sesame oil and pour over the tofu.
- Cover and refrigerate for a few hours, preferably overnight, turning once.
- Combine the rice vinegar, water, sugar, and salt in a saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the thinly sliced vegetables, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Mix the mayonnaise, hoisin and sriracha sauces together, set aside.
- Drain the tofu, heat a frying pan on medium heat and add some oil. Thoroughly pan-fry the tofu on medium heat, and on both sides until crispy.
- Lightly toast the bread slices and spread some of the mayonnaise sauce mixture on one side.
- Top with romaine leaves, the pan fried tofu, pickled vegetables, fresh cilantro and jalapeno slices.
Alternative serving options:
- Grill your tofu.
- Replace tofu by tempeh, mushrooms, or cauliflower slices.
- Substitute the romaine with baby spinach, cooked kale, or watercress leaves.
- 4 Slices, plain or seeded Equii breads
- 14 Ounces, extra firm tofu
- 3 Ounces, low sodium soy sauce
- 1 Ounce, fresh ginger
- Toasted sesame oil to taste
- Coconut or avocado oil, as needed